Tuesday, February 5, 2013


I've been finding that when I look first look at photographs of Kim Kardashian, it's like a shock to the eyes and brain.  It literally hurts.  I know why.  My brain is pre-programmed to like and admire the thin look.  You know, like Jennifer Aniston or Megan Fox. I admire Jennifer Aniston's dedication to her body.  The hours that she must spend exercising and watching what she eats (all the time) are worthy of admiration.

So when I see Kim Kardashian's rear end, it's like I can't compute.  Here is this woman who has made millions of dollars and is a 'celebrity' (despite many who question her method of achieving this) and she is not stick thin.  She has a butt - and a pretty big one at that.  There have been big butts before her - like Jennifer Lopez and, to a certain extent, Beyonce.  But more and more I've found myself embracing Kim's look because it is more representative of a 'real' woman.  Okay, we all don't have an hourglass figure (I'm a pear) but a lot of us don't conform to the 'skinny normal' of celebrities.  Every person's body has a different shape and for Kim Kardashian's shape to change to that of Jennifer Aniston, well, it's like asking an apple to grow like a banana.  It isn't going to happen!

It worries me when it's revealed that Tracy Anderson is Kim's new trainer.  Tracy Anderson is has really put her foot in it in the past with her passive-aggressive comments against fat people.


"A lot of women use pregnancy as an excuse to let their bodies go, and that’s the worst thing"

"I’ve seen so many women who come to me right after (having children) with disaster bodies that have gone through hell, or they come to me years later and say, ‘Oh, my body is like this because I had three kids."


I think that where Kim goes wrong with her body is how she dresses it - especially over the past 12 months - clothes that don't fit her curves and scream trashy.  And the world doesn't seem to want to accept a body that isn't skinny.








0 comments:

Post a Comment