Thursday, February 28, 2013


Marchesa designer, Georgina Chapman, who has designed dresses for Jessica Alba, Renee Zellweger, Jennifer Lopez and Hedi Klum, was radiant in her self-designed dress at the Oscars.  Her dress has a simple and elegant silhouette with detailed beading in the bodice.

Georgina offered styling tips for the rest of us saying that

"it all depends on your body type.  Your body type changes so much and everybody changes differently, so it really is a very personal thing and I think you just have to go with what you’re comfortable with"

"You have to embrace it. You enjoy it. It’s a few months of your life and it’s a special time in your life, so just enjoy"

I think that is great advice.  I had some feedback recently that commenting on pregnant celebrities contributes to everyday women feeling bad about themselves during their pregnancy.  I made the comment that the whole reason that I started this blog was not to make women feel bad about themselves but to give women ideas and inspiration on how to dress their changing body. As someone who has struggled to find clothes that fit well (I'm short), I really found it difficult to like my body during my pregnancy and that was partly due to the fact that I didn't know how to dress it.  Yes, it is just clothing but the way you feel about how you look has a huge impact on your confidence and that is why I spend my free hours plugging away at this blog.  I really welcome all feedback and comments - because it help me understand how you, as readers, feel about what I am saying and how I am saying it.   Thanks for being there.



0 comments:

Post a Comment