Saturday, March 30, 2013


It's been a busy month or so for me with work and kid's birthdays and I'm slowly making my way through my archive of photographs.

There's been so much commentary in the media on Kim's pregnancy wardrobe.  That's fairly normal because of our (me included) celebrity obsessed culture.  Where I draw the line though is the continually harassment of Kim over her weight gain.  I can only imagine how stressful it must be to have the world trying to guess how many kilograms you have put on.

I try to keep blog about the clothes that celebrities are wearing and whether I think that they suit their body size and shape.  And I've said it before, I have always been a fan of Kim's body because I think that she represents more of us, normal folk, compared to the model, skinny-pregnancy celebrities.

Having said all of that, I wish that Kim would pay more attention to what she is wearing and realise that it isn't always possible to wear non-maternity clothes as maternity.  They don't fit well and must surely be uncomfortable.  Maybe as Kim's pregnancy progresses, she'll be like the rest of us and look for stylist comfortable clothes.

Anyway, here are some photographs of Kim at the red carpet premiere of a movie that she is in.  And I may be in the minority, but I love this look!  Kim is sophisticated in this outfit.


  •  The top (dress?) is very detailed with lace, beading and sequins.  But is is very modest and is a great cut and shape for Kim's figure.  The v-neckline elongates Kim's figure and the empire cut waist emphasises the distinction between bust and bump (always a good thing).  The only change I would possible make to this top is to get rid of the length at the back.  Yes, it is a red carpet event but surely this top isn't meant to be worn this long normally, right?  
  • The leather pants are fabulous!  Enough said.  
  • I love that with the busy-ness of the outfit, Kim has kept her makeup and hairstyle simple.  Her sleek ponytail means that attention is not detracted from the outfit.  
  • Her shoes, as always, are lovely.  I want them.  






0 comments:

Post a Comment